Sunday, February 28, 2010

what, if anything, am I going to do?


There comes a time in every man's life when he has to make a decision. Do you go to the left or go to the right? Do you take the sure thing or put your balls out there where they can get hammered like a piƱata?

I think you see where I'm heading with this.

I want to swing my pair in the wind and take risks. I don't believe anyone was born to be a bureaucrat, an auditor, an attorney, or a banker. I've changed majors enough times to know that.

So the question is: what, if anything, am I going to do? It's not enough to BE, we must DO something.

As I think about it with the sudden clarity that only comes about after a hard workout -- that's what I want to do.

I want to workout and be paid for it in some way. How the hell that works, I don't know. Maybe I need to change majors.

There is a lifestyle within a gym that cannot be duplicated anywhere else. People go there to get better and usually feel better when they leave. Something like a buzz comes over them. That buzz makes them come back, just like a pub, to capture that again. It's a self-fulfilling act: women look fitter and more lovely and guys feel stronger and think they are taller.

So that appeals to me. I dig sports massage. I dig music and working out. Why shouldn't I be paid for what I dig? Great idea. But will being paid for it make me like it less? Will it too become a bore? That would be a dumb idea to turn your luv into something that stanx.

Let's see.

Thanx!

"Admiration for a quality or an art can be so strong that it deters us from striving to possess it." Friedrich Nietzsche

No comments:

Post a Comment